City University College – Affiliate College of Ulster University
Diploma in International Foundation Studies
Awarded by: Ulster University
Licensed by: the Ministry of Education and Higher Education in Qatar
Mode of study:
Full-time (day classes)
Part-time (evening/weekend classes)
2 Semesters (full-time)
2 years (part-time)
The International Foundation Programme (IFP) offers students who are not eligible for direct entry to university, an alternative route to studying in preparation for undergraduate study.
Successful completion of the International Foundation Programme will equip students with the necessary subject content and study skills to enter the first year of an undergraduate degree programme at City University College, and set progression degrees at Ulster University.
The Science Pathway (Science, Technology, and Engineering)
Subject to validation
Business, Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences Pathway
The Business, Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences pathway will enable you to study a bachelor degree in subjects such as Business Studies, Accounting, Marketing, Law, History and English.
The IFP equips students to:
- Demonstrate academic attributes, merit and potential for entry to undergraduate degree level study.
- Combine the competencies of autonomous and collaborative learners in preparation for undergraduate study.
- Evidence achievement that meets the entry requirements for specified undergraduate progression degrees at Ulster University or at City University College.
- Display competence in English language for entry to specified undergraduate programmes abroad or at City University College.
- Apply subject knowledge and understanding required for entry to specified undergraduate programmes.
- Apply intellectual qualities necessary for entry to specified undergraduate programmes.
- Illustrate professional and/or practical competence required for entry to specified undergraduate programmes.
- Discriminate and use effectively, transferable skills required for entry to and success in specified undergraduate programmes.
Where could the International Foundation Programme take you?
The International Foundation Programme at City UniversityCollege offers students, who are not yet academically ready for undergraduate study, a foundation year in preparation for entry onto a vocational diploma or an undergraduate degree.
To be eligible for the International Foundation Programme you must:
- Normally be aged 18 or over at the date of registration
- Have successfully completed your high school education (Grade 12)
- Attain an overall score of IELTS 5.0 (with no individual band score less than 5.0)
- Attain the equivalent of a minimum grade C at GCSE level in 5 subjects