We run two student intakes a year – September and January
Fill the application form online or have it manually completed and submitted. Make sure to use the exact name format used on your official passport document.
Submit the required documents listed below.
After submitting your application form, your application will be reviewed within 2 days. Depending on your level, you might be scheduled a placement test in English at CUC and called for an interview.
- Official Transcripts/ Grade Reports covering your last three years of high school as well as any further education you might have completed, submitted in a sealed, stamped envelope or emailed via your institution. If further grades become available after you have submitted your application form, please submit them to our Admissions Office as well.
- IELTS Score of 5.0, or equivalent (Academic Bridging Studies students are exempt from this requirement) If you have not taken any English assessment, CUC requires you to sit for an English skills test as part of the Admissions Process.
- Photocopy of your QID/ Passport data page(s).
- 2 passport-size photos.
- Sponsorship letter from the Ministry of Administrative Development or company (if applicable). If you will be receiving sponsorship from the Ministry of Administrative Development in Qatar, please provide a copy of this letter. You may submit this letter directly yourself in a sealed, stamped envelope in hard copy or through the Ministry via email. If you will be receiving sponsorship from an organization, the sponsorship letter should be submitted in English directly by the organization via email or in a sealed, stamped envelope in hard copy. If this document is not in English, it must be submitted along with an officially certified English translation.
- Parent/ guardian signed declaration on application form (if under the age of 18).
- Recommendation Letter from Teacher/ Counsellor/ Employer (optional) emailed via the recommender or sealed and stamped in an envelope. This recommendation letter should give us a better, well-rounded picture of who you are. CUC looks for students who can add value to our community. Make sure to choose a candidate that knows you well and can inform us of your qualities, strengths and talents. The letter should be either in English, or Arabic, with an officially certified English translation.
Please note that your application form and all supporting documents that are submitted online must be in JPEG or PDF format.
Once you have submitted your application form with all the supporting documents, you will receive a confirmation email from us. All documents become the property of City University College and cannot be returned to the applicant.
If you have any difficulties completing our application process, please contact us on:
Tel: (+974) 40 198 198
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ENTRY CRITERIA
- IELTS 5.0
- City University College English language placement test
- Password English language test (Knowledge Test is accepted for BTEC), score required 5.0
- Pearson PTE 46 with no individual component score below 41
Foundation year entry
- IELTS 5.0 with no component below 5.0
- Password English language test (Skills Test only), score required 5.0
- Pearson PTE 46 with no individual component score below 41
Year one entry (all undergraduate courses) and postgraduate courses
- IELTS 6.0 with no component below 5.5
- Password English language test (Skills Test only), score required 6.0
- Pearson PTE 56 with no individual component score below 51
- Trinity ISE Pass at level III (with a pass in each component)
- Cameroon GCE O Level Grade C
- Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE) – Use of English Grade D or higher with a minimum of Grade D in at least 3 of the 4 sub-skill areas
- Hong Kong Advanced Supplementary Level Examination (HKASLE) – Use of English Grade D or higher with a minimum of Grade D in at least 3 of the 4 sub-skill areas
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) – English language Grade 4 overall with no less than 3 in any of the 4 sub skills
- Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) English Language Syllabus B (before 2007) Grade C or higher including only one Grade D in any of the four sub-skills, with Grade C or higher in the other three sub-skills
- Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) English Language Syllabus B (after 2007)
Grade 3 in all test elements
- Indian Standard Grade 12 English A mark of over 70% in English in the Standard Xll examinations in the Central Boards (CBSE/ICSE or the State Boards of Maharashtra, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Higher or Subsidiary level in English Language (grade 4 or above)
- International GCSE: English as a first language Grade C in IGSCE English as a First Language (Syllabus 0522) Grade C in IGCSE English as a First Language (Syllabus 0500) with Grade 2 in Speaking + Listening components
- International GCSE: English as a second language Grade C in IGCSE English as a Second Language (Syllabus 0510) with Grade 2 Oral endorsement Grade C in IGCSE English as a Second Language (Syllabus 0511) with Grade C in oral assessment
- INTO English Language Assessment (IELA) IELA 169 overall minimum 162 in sub-skills
- Kenyan Certificate in Secondary Education (KCSE) Grade C
- Malaysia (Bahasa Inggerris) English Language Syllabus 1119 Grade 6
- Singapore Syllabus 1127/1128 Grade C
- Tanzania O Level Grade C
- Uganda Certificate of Education Grade 6
- WAEC / NECO Grade C6
- Zambia General Certificate of Education Grade 6
- Zimbabwe Zimsec at ordinary level Grade C
OTHER ACCEPTED ENGLISH LANGUAGE TESTS
- Cambridge Advanced English 169 overall with no less than 162 in each element of the test (taken from January 2015)
- Cambridge English Business Higher Grade C
- Cambridge English B2 First 169 overall with no less than 162 in each element of the test (taken from January 2015)
- Cambridge IGCSE English as a second language Reading – C Writing – C Speaking – C Listening – A
- Cambridge proficiency in English 169 overall with no less than 162 in each element of the test (taken from January 2015)
- LanguageCert B2 Communicator (all skills) High Pass, with a minimum of 33 in each band score
- QA Higher Education English language test IELTS 6.0 (qualification is mapped to IELTS scores)
- TOEFL IBT 80 with a minimum: L – 17 R – 18 S – 20 W– 17